CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Goodness...

Ok, so I had written a post last night while I was in class (I know, I know, tsk tsk) but first I have to add this. I hit a deer last night. Yup, scared the ever living crap out of me. Its weird because I was driving home from class, and the road I take is relatively new and surrounded by woods and pretty dark. I had a feeling I should be watching for deer, more than I normally would. I had my brights on and was looking really closely on both sides. Well, then I turn onto the street right behind my neighborhood where there really are no lights, I hit the back button on my CD player and theres a deer just right there. I hit it before I even knew it was there. I can still see it perfectly. So, I screamed and freaked a little, and turned my car around to see the damage. I saw something on the ground, and thought crap, its hurt. Then when I got closer and put my lights on it...it was flopping around and its so sad, I can still see it flopping. Then it just stopped moving. I called my parents and of course freaked my mom out since I was crying. Then I sat in the car crying, screaming, "I killed it, I killed it." Then, when my parents pulled up and I got out of the car, she sat her head up. She just stared at us for awhile, so we called the cops to let them know it was still in the road, and while my dad was on the phone, she just jumped up and ran away. Of course, we still had to wait for the cops, and they went looking for it. Not sure what they were gonna do, but anyways. Good thing I wasn't going very fast, my car has a little bit of paint rubbed off that we assume is from the hit (I don't remember scratching anyone's car) but other than that, no damage. My back was killing me last night, but it could have just been tension. Anyways, heres the original post.

I've been very busy lately, so I haven't had much time to post. I actually wrote this in class - yell at me if you want. This class I go to once a week is so easy compared to the online class. Its intro to business and its really straightforward, not to mention that I've had several classes like it before. So, don't get too mad at me. My other class feels like it has a constant and ever growing list of things to do. Right now, I have the MS Project exercise for the week to do, a small online quiz. I have made some posts for one of the topics. (I'm required to at least post 3 different days on both topics.) I answered 2 or 3 questions on one subject and then every day she asks at least 3 more questions on each topic. And of course, the 30 other people in the class are posting, so you can imagine how many posts there are. I was just checking some of the new questions she added and she has 2 more things we have to read separately before we can post on them. I still have one more chapter to read for the week, which takes me longer since I have to write things down as I read or else I forget what I just read. UGH...its a good thing this business class is easier. Also, good thing I'm not working full time, I don't know how I would survive the stress. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm completely lazy and love to sleep. The good news is that I got all my points for the class last week!! I actually jumped up and down when I saw that! So, at least I have an A for awhile!

I also lost 1.2 this week. I was kinda worried at WI since I had eaten at Olive Garden the night before and it was fantastic and I couldn't stop eating. I was telling my mom that I'm such a perfectionist. When I standing there on the scale, I was afraid I might gain, almost expecting it. Then, when she told me I lost, I thought, phew, at least I didn't gain. Then a second later I think I should have lost more. I have such high standards for myself yet I always expect to not meet them...no wonder I have issues!!

3 comments:

Sweet T said...

yeah 1.2! I'm glad you are ok after hitting the deer. I'm glad you actually hit it and didn't try to swerve and end up in a telephone pole or flipped over in a ditch or something!

Caroline said...

Oh my gosh that would have scared the shit out of me. I'm glad you're okay! And congrats on the loss. And girl, I am RIGHT THERE with you on the high standards for myself. I walk into WI thinking, I'm going to have gained. Then I see a loss and am happy for a few minutes, then I think, man, why didn't I lose more??? UGH! I really just wish I could shut off my brain.

Caroline said...

Why don't you ever get on AIM??? Then I could actually talk to you and know what's going on in your life since I don't know because you rarely post on your blog...... ;)