CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bad Night

I'm a pretty quiet person most of the time. I'm a listener...I would say. That is, unless 1)you get to know me, and then I talk your ear off if you'll let me. or 2)you piss me off and/or make me look stupid. I'm very analytical, so I tend to think a lot, therefore what I have come up with must be right because I have thought about it so logically. (aka - I'm a gold, for any of you KKP people who remember the color test we did) Well, let me show you an example of how I can get when you piss me off and/or make me look stupid. Tonight I had my business class, we had a case study (5 page SWOT analysis on a company) due, as well as our midterm, oh and he said last week - "if you'll also go on Toys R Us website and get a couple strengths and weaknesses" - I swear, this is word for word what I remember. And remember I'm a listener, hint, hint. So, needless to say it was a busy week for me. That was just what I had to do for this class, not including work for my other class which is always a lot. On top of all this, I get the flu or something like it this weekend, leaving me down for the count. I finally came up for air on Sunday, and of course I had done nothing for my business class. I did a little bit towards my case study, then slept some more. Monday comes along, and I finally get to work on it. Well, I finished it - all is well in that area. However, I realize - oh yeah, I have a damn midterm. So, I go online to the class hub, to this weeks section, to the icon for midterm. I figured it would have info on it, maybe a study guide, who knows. Well, its the actual midterm - like I could have started it right then if I wanted to. Underneath the "Begin Midterm" button - it says "This is an open book, open notes exam." YIPPEE, I thought. One less thing for me to worry about. I organized my notes, printed off some things I thought would be helpful and I was ready to take the test whenever he wanted us to. Then, I went to Toys r Us and wrote down a few strengths, etc. I figured we would discuss them in class. So, on to class I go. First thing he says - lets take up your homework. First of all, I had put my case study in the online dropbox, which was fine. Then I thought, what else do we have to turn in. He says the Toy r Us swot analysis. I asked, "We had to turn that in?" He says of course. So, I'm pissed, sitting there fuming, but I'm letting it slide. I figure its a small part of the grade, I'll turn something in tonight when I get home. Then he starts talking about the midterm and I ask - "This is open book right?" Well, he sorta laughs and I'm like - I was serious buddy. Then we all point out the online midterm. He says - oh that comes from the department, I'll have to talk to them later. I'm like, so thats it...I'm screwed, cause I didn't have time to study. So, I said some more things to him - probably all of which were said in a bad tone. I can't really control myself when I get that way. I start shaking, I'm near tears, and of course anything they say from then on is wrong, because remember - they pissed me off. So, he keeps saying, while looking at other classmates - "why would I have given you a study guide if it were open book? That would be stupid." (I'm sure he didn't say stupid, but for my sake...) I'm like ok - now you're making me feel stupid, it was like he was making fun of me right in front of my face. Well, it went on from there, I brought up more about the toys r us thing - he asked "Was anybody confused about that?" And, nobody - seriously, I was the only one who didn't understand it wasn't supposed to be turned in. UGH!!! So, I left the room, cried in the bathroom, came back and started taking the midterm. I had it all set in my mind that I would leave right after the midterm, probably go talk to someone in the office and hopefully get him in trouble and get out of the class. Well, I was done with the midterm in 15 minutes, and just couldn't bring myself to pick up all my books and walk out. So, I stuck it out...pissed the whole time. Of course I kept sniffing from my cold - I'm sure everyone thought I was crying. Ugh...and remember this is all worse than I have made it seem here, ok. Well, it sure seems that way. I do realize that the way I acted was overdramatic, but like I said I can't help it. Plus, I'm PMSing, so we all know the emotions go crazy then. But, I'm still pissed, and I wish this guy would organize himself better with the online part. My other class is completely online so I get used to using the online hub. I don't even think he looks at the hub, yet we are supposed to do stuff on it, and at the same time, only listen to what he says.
Sorry, maybe my next post won't be me bitching about something. Here's hoping!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Ugh, that SUCKS. I'm sorry, babe. Surely you weren't the only one confused about the open book exam??? Or did no one else use the online board? I definitely think you should talk to someone in their office or in administration. In fact, based on an experience I had, you should talk to them before you get your grade on the midterm back so they know it's not about the grade. Whether the grade is good or bad, you're pissed because the way he handled it was wrong. Just my thoughts. Hope your week gets better!

Beth said...

Take him down! (and I know you can :-) ) That does sound a bit unfair. I'd be upset too. On the bright side...congrats on your great loss this week!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Caroline - you do need to talk to someone in administratin!!

Paul said...

Sorry you had such a horrible time with your midterm. It seems to me that he should take responsibility for the information you found online.