CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Basketball!!

So, I went to Little Rock this weekend to watch the Memphis Tigers play! It was lots of fun but really bad for my weight watchers. I knew it was gonna be a hard weekend, and had kinda come to that realization. What really got me down was how disappointed I was in the food I ate. Let me take you through my weekend. We left here about 11:00 and I ate something before we left to help out my hunger in the future. Then we stopped at a gas station and I got some chips, which weren't great - but are there really good options at a gas station? Then, when we got to Little Rock, we went to Chili's. I wasn't incredibly hungry and was trying not to eat bad, since it was kinda a lunch/dinner and knew I would be eating again later. So, I got the turkey combo thinking it wouldn't be much food. Well, it was a lot more food than I thought. But, I didn't eat many fries - just stuck with the sandwich and salad. We went to downtown Little Rock Saturday night - wow was it exciting. By the way, I'm saying that sarcastically. We ended up having a lot of fun, but there wasn't much there. We went to a Pizzeria, because our options were limited. My mom and I have been talking about how much we've missed pizza - so here was my chance. I split a pizza with Ashley and ended up ordering the worst possible kind of pizza for me. By that I mean - it was a horrible pizza. I felt gipped and like I wasted points on this horrible thing. But, I was hungry and knew I would be drinking so I had to eat something. We had ordered a Chicago style pizza and I didn't know that meant an inside out pizza with the most tomato sauce in the world ever on one pizza. And most people know I hate tomato sauce. So, needless to say, I was not happy. We then went to a dueling piano bar and had a blast! It was so much fun, and we stayed til they were done, didn't get back to the hotel til 2. Then, I had some chips and a candy bar because the drinks gave me the munchies. (Horrible, I know) Then, everybody wanted to get up and go to Cracker Barrel the next morning. So, I had to get up at 8:30, and of course I slept horribly. I don't really like Cracker Barrel and I know there isn't much good to eat there. I ended up getting the small order of the biscuits and gravy. Quite honestly, there gravy does not compare to my mom's. Even my mom's sausage gravy-diet style is better than theirs. And, I really didn't like the biscuits. So, once again gipped and wasted points. Then we headed over to the hotel that the players were staying at. Emily and Ashley are HUGE Tigers fans and Emily is pretty close to being a stalker to Joey Dorsey. So, we had to stand around and wait for them to come out. One player came down for a second, then one of Greg's friends that works with the team came down and said they wouldn't be coming down until halftime of the Texas/Miami game. So...we just went on to the Arena. The Texas/Miami game was horribly boring - plus I was so tired, it was hard to stay awake. We went to get something to eat and we all know what great options arenas have as far as food goes. So, I got some chicken tenders and fries. The fries were soggy and the chicken was too crispy. Yup, you guessed it - once again gipped. So, the game was great, but way too close, but we pulled it out because we're awesome! Then, we decided to stop and get supper right outside Little Rock. We stopped at a Burger King. We were waiting in line and there were 3 people working. One in the kitchen, one at the drive-thru and one at the counter. She kept apologizing, saying they weren't normally this busy on a Sunday night (but you could have thought about the big group of people in town for the games) and then we heard one of the girls say "Are we out of hamburger meat?" So, we decided to drive a little further. We stopped another 20 minutes out in Lonoke, AR at a Sonic. We hit the button to order, and 5 minutes later were still waiting. We asked the lady next to us if she had ordered and she said she had her food but had been waiting 15 minutes for marinara sauce. First of all - is marinara sauce that important?? Second of all, I would have already been out of the car getting someone's attention, but anyways. So, we hit the button again, and they finally took our order. After about 25 minutes of sitting there all together, we get our food and we were missing a corn dog. We waited another 5 for that and said - screw it...and left. So, apparently, Arkansas people are not used to people actually using their fast food restaurants. We had lots of fun joking around about that. Foodwise - I ordered a burger, and the bread was kinda soggy. I'm not sure how that happened, but oh well. All weekend, I ate bad, and it didn't even taste good. That's not even fair. If I'm gonna waste points, I at least want it to taste good. I had a lot of fun though. I just need to do really well this week to make up for it. I didn't go to WI yesterday because I was so exhausted. I also didn't really want to see the scale. So, I may go tomorrow or I may use my pass this week and just go the meeting. We shall see.

And, by the way I was extremely disappointed in my other Tigers for not even making it past the first round. They COULD have gone far if they had tried. So, thanks for messing up my bracket since I had faith put you going much further than you did. Sigh...(shaking head)

0 comments: