CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Brackets and burgers

Thank goodness for a loss this week! I lost .8 and I could not be happier. All week my scale has been showing me up, so I was expecting a gain. And, the thing is I wasn't bad this week. I ate out Monday night, used my flex points. Then ate good the rest of the week. I did have trouble using all my points everyday. But, when I snacked, I ate well. So - anyways, I'm just happy there was no gain. I would have been happy maintaining!

So, on to basketball. My (Clemson) Tigers did really well, although I was really rooting for them in the championship game. Man, that would have been the best feeling ever if they beat UNC. You have no idea how much I hate UNC - like with a passion! I'm just hoping that they lose early in the bracket this year, although I doubt that will happen. So, I have to fill out my brackets. This year I am doing several different ones just for fun. Our family always does brackets online that Mat sets up for us. There are 5 slots - My, my mom, my dad, Mat, and then Mat forces Melanie to do one. Last year, she based her picks off which mascot she liked best. Obviously, she's not that into basketball. This year, she joked about doing it based on who has the most vowels in their name. So, I am doing one thats completely fun - maybe based off colors or something, haven't decided yet. I just finished one doing mostly upsets - it has Pitt winning, which isn't too impossible. Then I will do one for real with a mix of what I think and some hope splashed in. It will be interesting to see how close they each come.

Back to food - I said before that I used my flex points last Monday. Well, we normally go out to dinner on Sunday as a family. Last night, Mat and Melanie chose Red Robin. Although it isn't impossible to eat there on lower points - its really close. Plus, what I normally get is so damn good, its really hard to think of not getting it. I looked at some other options before we went, and came up with squat. So, my mom and I split the Whiskey River BBQ burger and fries. The website showed that as 19 points and wouldn't you have it - I had 19 points left. So, I got my half burger and 5 steak fries - finished in like 10 minutes - and then sat there like, "where's the rest?" I did get a couple more fries later on - but I still just felt gipped. (sp?) But I was proud of myself for not just getting the entire burger - just throwing my hands up and saying "oh well" which is what I felt like doing. Plus, I felt perfectly fine when I got home as opposed to feeling like I might throw up because I forced myself to finish the fantastic burger that was in front of me. So, hopefully I get some more exercise in this week, now that I am not sick anymore - and hopefully I get my schoolwork done ! :/

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I could have cried when Clemson lost, but at least they played really well and they never just fell apart. They really have the confidence now so I'm hoping next year to see something BIG. And why did we get stuck in a bracket where we have to play Kansas if we get past the first round?? That totally sucks.

Caroline said...

Hah, oh yeah, and congrats on the loss and only sticking with 1/2 the burger at Red Robin. That is a HUGE NSV!!