CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Grateful!

So, let me start by saying, Zach is back!! Yes, he found his way back home. My dad went to go get the paper this morning and Zach was just sitting in front of the door outside in sun. Yesterday was a horrible day, and I could go on and on about the thoughts that I had yesterday and how I cried all day. But, instead I am just going to say I am so thankful he is back and safe and move on and leave yesterday in the past. Zoey is not over it yet...she hisses at Zach every time he walks by. I don't know if she doesn't know who he is or if she's just mad at him. She is definitely the alpha cat...it is kindof interesting to watch their interaction now that he is back. But, this all has really made me think of how fortunate I have been. I have fortunately never had to deal with an unexpected loss of anyone close to me. The only pets I have lost - one was a hamster, the other a dog that was much older and was an outside dog. I've cried over these things, but never been devastated (thankfully). I have been so blessed in my life with the best family ever that supports me in anything I do. I have great friends, not many, but great friends. I have never wanted for anything. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely things that I want in life, that have not happened yet. But, I have been to the point where I've let that get me down - and I've realized that I'm happy with where I am in life. And if those things come, they come. Its taken me a long time to get to that point. And, believe me I have felt the exact opposite before. But, I am so grateful for the things I have, and so grateful that Zach is back and safe. But...he better have had fun, because hes never going to get to do it again!

1 comments:

Caroline said...

Yay! I'm so glad he's back! I remember that feeling so well from when Joey was out and he was only out for 2 hours! Of course, then we had the next 4 months to remind us of those 2 hours as he had procedures and surgeries. We also tell him constantly that he should really love squirrels because that's what made Chris find him. :)