CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mish-Mash

I think its kinda funny...before I started this blog, my reason for not wanting to start a blog was that I didn't have anything to say. Well, I think its really the opposite. I think I have too much to say and its just too much of a pain to organize it into a blog.

Anyways...my dad had cataract surgery yesterday and is back at work today...amazing. He may not even have to wear glasses now, which is weird since he's been wearing glasses since he was in 7th grade. My mom was talking about how she would have to get used to him without glasses. They don't want to decided anything for sure for a month or two. Apparently, his eyes will work it out on their own. But, he has 20/20 vision in his left eye now, so thats great.

Hmm..on the food front, it feels like I've eaten a lot this week. I'm still within my points, but I've gone out twice. Ate at Red Robin Monday night and ate the whole damn thing...man was it good. I guess I just don't normally use all of my flex points, so it feels like so much more this week. So, I guess I should do some exercise so I don't gain this week.

What else...oh, we had major storms in the area this week. I'm sure you have heard about the tornadoes. Luckily, they just missed Collierville. We joke that we are in a little bubble for weather. It's always all around us. But, my dad was right near one of the tornadoes. His job is closer to Memphis and Southaven, and the storm was much worse there. They had windows blown out at his building, and the building across the street from him was damaged pretty bad, apparently someone died there. So, thankfully, my dad got lucky and was not in the direct path of the tornado. It was crazy watching it on TV. Of course, I was at home by myself. I'm not known for doing well during storms when I'm by myself. But, I did pretty well. One of the channels was basically taping a tornado live, it was crazy. I was just watching with my mouth open...you could see the lights popping on the ground. Overall...our immediate area was fortunately bypassed. (Also, it was on the night of my business class...so I didn't have to go..hehe)

Lets see...politics. I have become much more interested in politics this year. I guess because Bush is doing such a horrible job. I could go on and on, and maybe in another post. But, I've been looking at quotes lately. If you don't know, I'm a quote freak. I have a little notebook full of quotes. I found some good ones about politics. Here's some I found...and as you can see I'm obviously on the democrat side.
"A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time." - Alfred E. Wiggan
"The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out, the conservative adopts them." - Mark Twain
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." - Douglas Adams

0 comments: