CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

School's out!

First off, I almost forgot to mention some more good news. I took my last mulitvitamin last night. You may be thinking - ok, so what, go buy some more -why is this worthy of a post? Well, I have never actually finished an entire bottle of vitamins before. I always start off being really good, taking vitamins, then forget. But, this time I finished it all! Yay me!

More good news - Last night was my last business class!!!!!!!! That means I never have to see that dumbass teacher ever again. That also means I'm done with classes......for 4 days. Yeah, it kinda sucks. My next set of classes starts next Sunday, and they are both online. I took my online class (project management) final on Monday night, and I took 2 of the 3 1/2 hours available. It was definitely tough, and I kinda felt like I was being tested on my ability to search a book. But, I think I did alright - sucks cause I probably won't find out how I did for awhile. Last night in class, we had to give our group presentations. If you ask me, neither group did a good job. I think you could kinda tell that nobody put too much effort into it. We all just seemed very disorganized, which I guess will happen when you have 7 people in your group, and 2 of them never show up to the meetings. Anyways, we also had to do this discussion thing online - he asked us what was the most helpful part of the class, how it should be improved, and what we will take away from the class. Well, I obviously BSed my answers, because I didn't want my honest answers to affect my grade :) I really wanted to write honestly, but I figured it was best not to. Then, we had our exam, which I was the first to finish and had to contain myself from running out of there with the biggest smile on my face! Its over, its over! I got in the car and did a little dance, and yelled for joy a bit. It was a good feeling.

So, my next classes...as I said they start Sunday. One is quality management, and the other is Management. Unfortunately, I have taken the basic management class before, but it didn't transfer because I got a D. Yeah, I got a D, not proud of it. But, it was during one the worst semesters for me at college...and it involved a group project where they decided to never inform me about group meetings. Mostly my fault since I was never in class, but a little the group's fault. At first, I was taking this class at the center....until I saw who was teaching it. That's right - my favorite teacher of a certain business class I just got done doing a dance for because it was over. I saw that...did the whole, ah hell no thing....and asked my dean to switch it to online because of a "work conflict." I wanted to say, "there's no way in hell I'm taking another class with him" But, once again, I figured it was best not to. Back to the main subject here...the classes look pretty straightforward. One has the weekly quizzes, midterm and final. The other has the weeklys, 2 case studies, and a final. So, we'll see how 2 online classes at the same time go. I already have 2 classes scheduled for the next half of the semester, and they are both online too. One is a PM (Project Management) class, and the other an excel class. I have taken 2 excel classes before...and yet neither of them counted (strange, isn't it?) so, its possible I may take a third class that semester since that one should be really easy for me. I was looking at the classes I have left to take, and if I take a third one next session, then it will be 2 a session until March 1, 2009 when I will (hopefully) be done!

1 comments:

Paul said...

I used to have the same luck with teachers. If the teacher was any good, I was guaranteed to never have another class with them. But the bad ones... oh boy, it took some serious juggling to avoid them.

I've never been crazy about group projects. My cynical observation is that you are almost certain to get stuck with someone that really doesn't care whether he sinks or swims, and you're stuck with doing a lion's share of the work, or letting the jerk sink your grade. What other choice do you have?

P.S. - I was not always a motivated college student. Fortunately, group projects were rare for me, so others didn't have to carry my dead weight around, being stuck on a team with me.